We all love Internet and with amazing technological advancements, there is absolutely nothing impossible these days. Technology and of course Internet has become an integral part of our lives. That’s why we ask everyone, What’s Technology for? and we get an answer, its for everything. So if you are an Internet lover and Tech freak, you must be aware of these amazing and rarely known facts.
Lets begin, I hope you will know a lot that you were unaware of. And if you know some facts that we missed, to share with us.
1. Amazon, originally was a printed book seller company, now it sells more e-books than printed books.
2. The first banner advertisement on Website was introduced in the year 1994.
3. Facebook reports over 1 billion registered users. Were it a country, it would have had 3rd largest population in the World.
4. During 1980s, an IBM computer was not considered to be 100% compatible if it could not run Microsoft Flight Simulator.
5. Did you know that Email was already around before the World Wide Web came?
6. Every month, domain names are being registered at a rate of more than two million!
7. At the end of year 2012, there were total approximately 17 billion devices (which includes computers, tablets and mobile) connected to the Internet.
8. About 1.8 billion people connect to the Internet, only 450 million of them speak English.
9. Did you know how was Bill Gates’s house was designed? Using a Macintosh computer.
10. Microsoft Windows tutorial’s another name is ‘Crash Course’. Now we why !
12. 70% of virus writers actually work under a contract for an organization.
13. Up until the 14th of September, 1995, domain registration was free.
14. Symbolics.com is the first and oldest registered domain name. It completed 28 years on 15th March, 2013.
15. Mosaic was the first popular web browser which was released in 1993.
16. Sweden has the highest percentage of internet users, they are 75%.
17. A program named “Rother J” was the first computer virus to come into sight “in the wild” — that is, outside the single computer or lab where it was created.
18. While it took the radio 38 years, and the television a short 13 years, it took the World Wide Web only 4 years to reach 50 million users.
19. There are approximately 1.06 billion instant messaging accounts worldwide.
20. Two-thirds of American Internet users shop online.
21. Every minute, 10 hours of videos are uploaded on YouTube.
22. The world’s first computer which was named the Z1, was invented by Konrad Zuse in 1936. His next invention, the Z2 was finished in 1939 and was the first fully functioning electro-mechanical computer.
23. Doug Engelbart had made the first computer mouse in 1964, and it was made out of wood.
24. The average computer user blinks 7 times a minute, less than half the normal rate of 20.
25. Google uses an estimated 15 billion kWh of electricity per year, more than most countries. However, Google generates a lot of their own power with their solar panels.
26. U.S. President Bill Clinton’s inauguration in January 1997 was the first to be webcast.
27. Tim Berners-Lee coined the phrase “World Wide Web” in 1990.
28. The first two video games copyrighted in the U.S. were Asteroids and Lunar Lander in 1980.
29. 220 million tons of old computers and other technological hardware are trashed in the United States each year.
30. Alien Robots used in famous Transformers movie series are so huge, that if all robot parts are laid out end to end, it would stretch from one side of California to the other, about 180 miles.
11. The average 21 year old has spent 5,000 hours playing video games, has exchanged 250,000 e-mails, instant and text messages and has spent 10,000 hours on the mobile phone.